Saturday, April 18, 2009

"Make new friends...


...but keep the old.


One is silver, the other gold."


(Author Unknown)



We had Game Fight Night at our house last night and invited my two Best Friends since middle school and their families over to play Settlers of Catan. Can I just say

it was so much fun!





(Note Rachel's #1 sign. She cheated won! By the way, that's my baby she's holding.)


Seriously, there is nothing like being with the two friends who have known me the longest and the best. Together we've been through teenage drama, boy craziness, high school stress, college separation, marriages, and child bearing and rearing. (Even if ONE of us claims to have forgotten most of it!) Although Telsie moved away for several years, she recently moved back with her husband and children and it is so much fun to be reunited again!


I don't think our husbands were prepared to see their 30-year-old wives giggling like school girls when we got together but I have to admit that I haven't laughed until I cried in a long LONG time and it was a great feeling. I was euphoric the rest of the night. I hope my girls are as blessed as I was to be surrounded and supported by lifelong friends! (Love you Rachel and Telsie! Really, nothing compares to the comfort of an old friend and I am so grateful you're in my life. )



Telsie, Trish, Rachel in 1996 (I think!)



13 years (and many children) later



But next time, Rachel, I'm going to win the game!









8 comments:

Holly said...

Love the circa 1996 pic!

Sally's World said...

love love love the picture comparisson, you all still look fab...with better hair lol!!!

Anonymous said...

Hilarious! I had a blast, and yes, I don't think that I have laughed (or cried) that hard since high school. I felt like I was 18 again! Thanks for the fun night! I am looking forward to next month! Do you think Telsie told Paul about Farmers yet?

Anonymous said...

I had a BLAST! I really needed it. I am looking forward to next month at Rachel's. I cannot believe how young we all look in that picture. I am so happy to be back in NM, so we can get together. I just wish we could get together more. Thanks again for a wonderful time girls! I love you both. And yes, I told Paul last night. We are all in the know now.

3 Bay B Chicks said...

Such a great post. It opened with the quote from the girl scout pledge and ended with a blast from the past photo. So great to read that you girls are still friends after all these years and life experiences.

I should also tell you that I’m what you might like to think as the very tail end of the SITS welcome wagon. While my cohorts all probably stopped by your blog in a timely manner, I instead took a different approach. I thought I would wait a while and then swing by and say, hey, you’re still a member!

Or maybe I’m just a big slacker who is finally getting back on the comment wagon. I’ll leave the interpretation up to you, but I urge you to seriously consider option #1! :)

-Francesca

Xazmin said...

Sound like you had a wonderful time! I love playing Settlers! One of our family's favorite games!

Pattie said...

Wow! I wish I could have kept in touch with my older friends they have facebooked me, but it isn't the same

Suzi said...

Thanks for stopping by!

I do have some patterns. Some I bought, some I borrowed from the internet, some from a book I have. One great book I found is called A is for Apron 25 fresh and flirty designs by Nathalie Mornu. You have to have the patterns blown up but they are cute!