...is family.
I spent part of my day yesterday at a place I never like to be. The hospital. Just walking into it and being overwhelmed with the smells and the people and the mock sterility makes me uneasy. But I was there to see my dad who was having surgery and not even the bad memories I have of that place could keep me away. There is something about seeing your father so vulnerable and in so much pain with tubes and monitors and IVs and pending surgery with its myriad of unknowns that begins to change how you think about life and what really matters. Prayers become more real. Life becomes more fragile. Family becomes more important.
And then my mind went in a thousand different directions all at once.
I thought of my tiny little Elisabeth and Jimmy's mother whom I never met. Their bodies are buried next to each other in a cemetery I haven't been able to go back to since I left my baby there. I thought of the emptiness of losing a part of me that I didn't get to know long enough . I thought of the sadness of my children and I never meeting their Grandma Faye--someone who is so connected to and part of our family. But then I thought of something else.
Easter.
The greatest event in the history of the world with its accompanying significance changes everything. Death is replaced with life again. Sadness is changed to hope. Emptiness is filled with love. Families are forever.
Dad's surgery went well and he is on his way to recovery. Miracles occured. Prayers were answered. Faith was increased.
Truly, it is a Happy Easter.
Free Access :: Gotti 2018 Online Stream Free
6 years ago



9 comments:
wishing your dad a speedy recovery, no doubt you being there was a great comfort to him, it is times like this that make us realise our dad's are vulnerable too...love to you all xxx
What a beautiful post. I'm glad your dad is doing well now. I'm so sorry for the trials your family has experienced.
Family's ARE forever and I love Easter and how we all truly make an extra effort to remember the Savior's great gift to us.
Thanks for sharing.
Xazmin
What a beautiful post. Amen, amen, and amen. Happy to hear of a great outcome for your father. Have a wonderful Easter!
~Shaye
So glad to hear your dad is doing well. Bless his heart! This post made me cry Trish...Thanks now I have to do my mascara again. Thank you for the reminder of why we celebrate Easter. Love you.
Trish--you are such an amazing and wonderful woman. This was an excellent post. I wish you and your loved ones (all of them!) a wonderful Easter.
Your post puts everything in perspective. The gift we are given for the One who suffered for all of us. I'm glad your dad is doing well. Thanks for sharing!
Happy Easter.
You truly are an amazing woman!!! I know grandma faye and elizabeth are in heaven just wating for their chance to meet you and say how wonderful you are and happy to be connected to you for eternity. It is amazing to me how much our heavenly father loves us to give his only begotten son for us so we can return to him in heaven. This is a wonderful day to have!!!
{{HUGS}}
Hey Trish...what's going on with your dad? I hope that everything is all good and that he gets better soon. I just can't imagine life without Uncle Rob!!
Post a Comment