Friday, March 6, 2009

Writer's Workshop

I happened across a link to a writer's workshop blog and wanted to give it a go. The prompt was to complete the sentence... Normal is

Normal is tough. Normal is hard. And when life is tough and hard I really think that's normal. We fight it. We cry and ask 'why me?' and wonder what thing we did to deserve such an unfair lot in life. But when we look around...you know, past the fronts other people put on or behind the scenes of people's lives we have assumed were so flawless, and then we realize something. Oh...their life is tough, too. They struggle just like I do. Huh.

I realized this recently when I was dealing with a hand I didn't like so much. I prayed and prayed that this hardship would just go away. Disappear. Dissolve. But month after month and year after year it still hovers oppressively. And then one day (Sunday, actually) I got it. Maybe it's not supposed to go away. Maybe I'm supposed to learn something from it. Grow because of it. And eventually... maybe even appreciate it.

Normal is... tough. But it's worth it.

The link to the blog I got this prompt from is www.mamakatslosinit.blogspot.com Check it out and try your hand at it!

15 comments:

KatBouska said...

So true! One thing we can ALL relate to is having to deal with things that we just wish would go away. Great insight!

Thanks for playing!!

Holly said...

THIS was for me! I have been blessed with such an awe inspiring friend. Life is hard no matter who you are, what you have, what you dont have, what you want, what you dont want. I do know that friends and family can make a tough road more bearable. Thank you love.

TuTu's Bliss said...

Mama Kat is one of my favorite bloggers. I'm glad you joined in. Hugs and enjoy your weekend, Jen

Tanielle said...

You have a cute blog and an adorable family! Great thoughts, life is tough sometimes but oh so worth it! Have a great weekend! Welcome to SITS!

Anonymous said...

HI!
Just passing by via SITS!
Happy Saturday to you!

Xazmin said...

I love it. Great insight. I stopped over from SITS to meet you. I love your blog - it is way, way cute!

Sturgmom said...

Hey- visiting from SITS! Sorry you've hit a rough spot. It can be challenging to accept a "new normal." If it doesn't kill us, it makes us stronger, right?

RamblingMother said...

Saw you on the SITS roll call this morning. Have a great weekend.

Carebear said...

Great reminder. Makes me think of that song "But if that's what it takes to praise you, Jesus, bring the Rain" Of course, when I'm in the thick of the dark places in my life, I don't always remember that. Lovely post!

Shalene said...

very insightful....thank you for that post....it is important to remember that every one has their strengths and weaknesses we just deal with our hardships differently because of our different weaknesses and strengths. I have found you cant be happy if you haven't had it hard.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful words of wisdom. Thanks for writing this.

{Stopping by from SITS}

StylinMom said...

wow thanks that was great and I needed to hear it!
stopping by from SITS....
great blog!

m:)

Lora said...

So incredibly true. Thanks for sharing.

Visiting you from SITS!

RSusanna said...

Hi! Stopping by from SITS. Love your blog and the post about Melody really hit close to home. I feel that way about my girls quite a bit. It's amazing that after getting frustrated and letting it all fly out, our children can still love us (and make us feel rotten for yelling at them :)).

MuseSwings said...

Hi! I stopped by to say Hi from SITS. Your blog is so true. I'll be back to catch up on some of your earlier posts!