Sunday, October 18, 2009

Anniversary Compromise




We recently celebrated our 11th Anniversary. Although Jimmy had big plans (and high hopes!) for us to go to a bed and breakfast and spend the day soaking in natural hot springs we ended up settling for more company and less romance.





We took the kids up to a lake in the mountains. The leaves were amazing, the lake was gorgeous! We had a picnic (with food purchased from a nearby health food store FOR FIFTY DOLLARS JUST FOR LUNCH. Yeah, I'll never do THAT again. Subway here I come!) and went for a hike and Melody rescued a dragonfly who was stuck in the swamp and Jimmy collected cattails for the kids (hello, MESSY) and the kids and Jimmy skateboared/scootered/rip sticked around the parking lot by the lake and I snapped pictures the whole time.






It was a wonderful day that ended with chocolate covered strawberries and....stuff that included a lot less company and a little more romance. *Wink* We're all about compromise around here!

3 comments:

Shalene said...

I am happy that you had a great time! That is cool that you got to go up into the mountains. I love being outdoors. And that you were able to get some alone time as well : ) love you guys

Jason, Alyson, Kaci, Brynley & Ashlynn said...

So glad that your anniversary went well...even if you had some very CUTE tag alongs!lol Love the pictures too!

Rachel said...

How fun! What great parents you two are, to include your children in on your special day! The pictures are all so adorable!