Monday, June 8, 2009

10 Things I Love About Summer

Over at Kasey's Friend Makin' Monday she challenged us to write about 10 things we love about summer. What a fun idea! I'd love to hear about all of yours so click on her link and join in the fun!

10 Things I Love About Summer
1. The joyful sound of the kids splashing and playing with Gramma in her pool. It brings the happy sounds of the magic of childhood all throughout the neighborhood. I love it!
2. Planting and harvesting, and canning a garden. Nothing sweeter then enjoying the fruit of my labor all year long! And I am totally out of green beans so I'm anxious for those babies to be ready!
3. Going camping/cabining with my family. Love love love being in the mountains and stripping life back to the basics for just a little while. Love the S'mores, the beautiful hikes, the starry skies, the fresh air and the sounds of nature.
4. I love the slower pace of summertime. I don't put my kids in any extra activities or sports. We just slow down and I love that part. I love spontaneous trips to the park, the library, picnics, jumping on the trampoline, watching the kids play in the sprinklers, catch frogs, chase lizards, and listen to their imaginary play in the backyard.
5. I love sitting on my porch in the mornings and listening to the birds.
6. I love looking at and smelling a freshly mowed lawn. And I really love it when it's not me that has to mow it.
7. I love family vacations. Even though with 5 young kids they are stressful and chaotic and finding a hotel that will accomodate all of us in one room is sometimes hard, I love getting away together and making memories.
8. I love the long days and being out at nine o'clock when there is still a little sun. Plus that means the kids can play outside longer and the house stays just a little more clean.
9. I love the backyard slumber parties my kids have in the treehouse.
10. I love having all my kids home with me and knowing where they are and what they are doing all the time. Even though some days that can drive me bonkers.
**So, tell me what YOU love best about summertime!**

11 comments:

Jessica said...

Happy FMM! Thanks for visiting my blog! I LOVE your list! Summer is just the best time of the year!

Sturgmom said...

Happy summer!!! It is such a great memory-making season!

Sally's World said...

great post, i love the summer too.

Tina said...

Great list!

I love the smell of a fresh cut lawn also.

Happy FMM!

Vivienne @ the V Spot said...

Amen to every single one of those. Especially the not scheduling any extra activities for the kids!

Lins said...

Freshly-mowed lawn smells are the greatest! Good list! Happy FMM!

Xazmin said...

Oh, I love your list! I remember sleep outs in the back yard!

Unfortunately I don't feel comfortable with my kids out there these days...not that our town is so horrible, but it definitely doesn't have the feel of that "small town safety"!

I'm going on girls camp this year... I'm so excited!

Unknown said...

ooooh I'm jealous lol..I want to learn how to can!! Thank you so much for stopping by and for the lovely compliment!! This is an awesome list!!

Shalene said...

I also love the smell of fresh cut grass and being able to sit outside longer and going camping and having s'mores.....summer time can be so fun...

shortmama said...

Great summer list!

Becky said...

Thanks for stopping by:)

You have a wonderful list there! I am so glad it is finally summer, and I can just enjoy my kids!