Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Warmth...



I caught Leah sitting in front of the fire this afternoon with the new Book of Mormon her primary teacher gave her for Christmas. It was one of those moments in time you wish you could capture forever and I'm glad I was able to. It warmed my heart to see her sitting so innocently, seeking comfort and warmth in front of the fire. Hopefully she'll grow up and come to really understand that the greatest comfort and warmth she'll ever find will come from the book she held in her hands.

"Having children is a lot of work.
And we have to not be afraid of that, because it's that very element of working hard and being willing to do whatever it takes that makes us who we are. It's the sacrifice that makes us who we are. I want to bear my testimony of the joy that comes from having families, from having children, because there's not only the commandment of the Lord to do it,
but there are great promised blessings."

Cheryl C. Lant, General Primary
President



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This pictue of Leah by the fire, with her scriptures, warms my heart,too!So glad you caught the moment of "The Light of Christ"!
Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

What a sweetie! She reminds me of her mama!